OK, so you wanna come ride here. Well there are a few things you should know before you come that will make your experience at Cranx bike park a whole lot better…
CRANX INDOOR AND OUTDOOR BIKE AND SPORTS PARK RULES
Important Information about the Park
• Use of the Park involves the risk of serious injury and/or death and damage to personal clothing and equipment. You control the degree of risk you will encounter in using the trails and features in the Park. Injury may and is likely to occur regardless of skill or experience.
•You are not permitted to use the Park if your ability is impaired by the use of Drugs or Alcohol and no use of Drugs or Alcohol is permitted anywhere on Park grounds.
• Do not attempt any of the trails or features unless you have sufficient ability and skill to do so safely. Always ride in control and within your ability level.
• Helmets are mandatory in the Park.
• Protective padding, gloves, mouth guards, full-face helmets, and any other protective gear that may be available on the market, are strongly recommended.
• Bikes with functioning brakes are mandatory. Brakeless bikes are not allowed at the park.
• The Park is not recommended for first time cyclists, without proper instruction.
• NO INVERTS except for the foam pit.
• All riders under age 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian to ride in the Park unaccompanied by an adult.
• ALL children 12 or under MUST be accompanied and supervised by an adult AT ALL TIMES & MUST ABIDE BY ALL RULES. That adult must remain present inside the park the entire duration of the visit.
• Directional riding only. Riding against intended traffic flow, cutting trail features mid-route and walking in the Park is not permitted unless within a pedestrian access route.
• Beware of changing conditions on trails and features. It is your responsibility to inspect features before using them.
• While on a bike, stay off pedestrian access routes. Stop at all route intersections.
• Read, Obey and Follow ALL signage and warnings.
• If you try to utilize the park without a paid pass, issued to YOU, you will be PERMANENTLY banned from the Park. Passes are NOT transferable and may not be borrowed or loaned. Wristbands must be worn AND visible at all times.
• Treat the Park, grounds, bathrooms, locker rooms, lounge, etc. with respect and keep all areas clean. Pick up after yourselves.
• Be courteous. No foul language or fighting will be tolerated. If there is a conflict, walk away and find Park personnel to resolve it.
• Keep your bike locked and your belongings in view at all times. The Park is NOT responsible for any of your personal property or loss thereof. Rent a locker and lock it.
• Please help keep us aware of conditions. If there is something that needs correction, a loose board, screw or nail, etc., let us know immediately.
• Your pass may be revoked or suspended at any time for any violations of the rules or code, without refund, in the full discretion of the Facility Staff.
YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY INJURY THAT MAY OCCUR WHEN USING THE PARK. THE RELEASEE’S LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR LOSS IS EXCLUDED BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE WAIVER.
BIKERS RESPONSIBILITY CODE
1. Stay in control at all times. It is your responsibility to avoid other persons and objects around you.
2. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible to traffic.
3. When entering a trail or feature, you must look and yield to other riders already in motion.
4. Please advise Bike Patrol or Facility Staff and assist if you are involved in or witness a collision or accident and identify yourself to the Bike Patrol or Facility Staff. If someone is injured, DO NOT MOVE THEM. Notify staff immediately.
5. Keep off closed areas and obey all signs and warnings.
6. Stay on marked trails. Do not cut trail features mid-route.
7. Stay out of the Park if your ability is impaired through the use of drugs or alcohol.
8. You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely ride chosen feature. If in doubt, ask Facility Staff.
9. Walking in the Park is not permitted except within a pedestrian access route..
10. Do not attempt any feature beyond your ability.
12. Have fun and ride safe!
KNOW THE CODE – BE SAFETY CONSCIOUS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
PARK PRIVILEGES REVOKED FOR BREACH OF THE BIKERS CODE, ANY OTHER PARK RULE, DISOBEYING PARK PATROL OR FACILITY STAFF, OR THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE WAIVER.
The trails and features of CranX Indoor and Outdoor Bike and Sports Park are rough and demanding on both the bike and body. Before riding always inspect your equipment or have it checked by a qualified bike mechanic.
1. Ensure your helmet is in good shape and properly adjusted.
2. Inspect bike frame for cracks and damaged or dented areas.
3. Ensure you have sufficient brake pad to stop your bike while riding.
4. Front and rear axles (skewers) should be tight.
5. Headset and stem must be secure with no looseness or play.
6. Check that your tires are in good condition, with no tears or cuts in the sidewall.
7. Handle bar and handle grips must be tight and unable to spin. Seat and seat post need to be fastened securely.
FOAM PIT RULES
You MUST empty your pockets before riding the foam pit. If you have something in your pocket, you will lose it!
One person at a time! WAIT for the person before you to EXIT the pit AND DECLARE “CLEAR” before entering launch ramp. When you exit the pit, and have removed your bike, lean it on the wall, DECLARE “CLEAR” to the next person, and wait on the side rails to assist the next person out.
Do not let go of your bike as you drop in. If you let it go, you will land ON the bike and it will hurt.
If you drop something in the foam pit, alert one of the staff members and we will explore what options may exist (likely none), but we told you!
Don’t throw/discard anything into the foam pit. Doing this will get you banned from the park.
Step 1: Sign a Waiver-you will need to fill out our waiver and sign each page (print & fill out the online waiver at home to decrease your time in line and increase your time on the bike!) -PLEASE FILL IT OUT COMPLETELY…it will save time and people waiting in line won’t get annoyed with you! -if you are under age 18, you will need your parent to sign your waiver – NO EXCEPTIONS! (***Other adults cannot sign your waiver – it must be your parent or legal guardian). Either bring a parent or legal guardian with you to sign or print out the online waiver at home, have your parent sign it before a Notary Public, and bring the signed waiver in with you.
Step 2: Photo Taken- have your picture taken for your park membership. -everyone gets a membership card that you can bring with you every time you visit. -your card gets you through registration quickly next time you come (that way we don’t have to manually leaf through the filing cabinet for your signed waiver).
Step 3: Payment-the first time you come you will be asked to pay a member registration fee (1st-time only) of $5.00. This is for the waiver, photo, file processing, and your membership card. -pay for your riding…either buy a Day pass, a 2-Day Weekend pass (Sat + Sun), a 3-Day Weekend pass (Fri + Sat + Sun), or a membership (see Pricing or Memberships). -we accept CASH, VISA, or MASTERCARD
Step 4: Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Yes. There is plenty of free parking. Please park in properly designated spots only.
-In order to ride at the park you need a bike with working brakes and a helmet. We STRONGLY recommend padding and gloves.
-No. CranX is open to bicycles only (for now, we may session in the future).
-Non-motorized, pedal power only! If you can ride it, you can bring it! Mountain Unicycles are permitted.
-There is something for riders of all levels at CranX…from beginners to experts. Sections, trails, lines & jumps will all be marked according to the ski trail system: GREEN CIRCLE for beginner, BLUE SQUARE for intermediate, and BLACK DIAMOND for expert. We expect that you will use good judgement and ride within your skill level.
- Check out our Bike Park/Course Map page for more details about the specific areas of the park.
-Yes and Yes. We sell a variety of bike parts and accessories for all types of bikes. Our staff is also on hand to help if you have a mechanical problem – we have a bike shop on location to get you back on your bike and riding the park again!
-Yes. There are locker rooms for both men and women. The locker rooms are equipped with day-use lockers at a rental charge of $5 per day.
-We recommend you bring a bike lock if you wish to leave your bike unattended in the racks at any time during the day. Or you can purchase a cable lock at the front desk. You are solely responsible for your own bike as well as any rental bike or equipment.
-Yes. There are day lockers available for you to use in the locker rooms. Bring your own lock or purchase one at the front desk. Your lock will be removed (cut) and belongings will be tossed (thrown out) at the end of the day if not removed. Use of a locker and/or purchase of a lock does not constitute a bailment and CranX is merely providing the lockers as a convenience.
-There are hooks available in the lounge at your own risk.
-We have bike storage, just $100.00 for the entire year (must be prepaid), or $15.00 a month. Storage is included FREE with a prepaid annual membership, we can add it to your prepaid or EFT monthly membership, or we can handle it as an EFT if you just want the Storage.
-Keep track of Your stuff!
-Your belongings are at your own risk and responsibility.
-CranX is not responsible for any loss or damage in or around the park, bike storage, the lockers or restrooms.